1. Bones. Turkey & Ham bones can cause a blockage in their intestines.
2. Stuffing. May contain onions, garlic, raisins, all which are toxic to your pet.
3. Yeast Dough. Can cause painful gas or potentially dangerous bloating.
4. Pie or Desserts. Most sugar free sweets & gum contain xylitol which is toxic for your pets.
5. Chocolate, Coffee, and Caffeine. These products contain substances called methylxanthines. When ingested by pets, methylxanthines can cause vomiting and diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and even death.
6. Alcoholic Beverages or Food. Beverages or food products containing alcohol can cause vomiting, diarrhea, decreased coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, abnormal blood acidity, coma and even death.
TOPIC OF THE MONTH: Holiday Safety for your Pets.
SI HABLA ESPANOL
Don''t Give Your Pet These Foods:
1610 E. Shields Ave
Fresno, CA 93704
PARKING IN BACK
If you are missing or found a dog/cat here are some tips on what to do.
*If our lines are busy your welcome to text us at (559) 515-2800
To see a complete list of food items to keep away from your pet click the link below:
Shield Stone Pet Hospital, Inc.
NEW PET INFO.
Bringing a new family member to your home can be exciting. Here are some overall care tips.
Preventing illness is easier than treating an illness. Learn how to maintain your pets health such as the following: Dental, Skin & Ear Care, Routine Vaccinations, etc.
Click the tab to learn more on prevention.
Monday - Friday: 8 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 12:30 pm
Office: (559) 222-2800 or
Cell: (559) 515-2800
Dr Yoo: (Eye Appointments Only)
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am to 11:30 am
If you would like to schedule an appointment click below.
Dr. Yoo is not a board certified ophthalmologist, however, his talent and knowledge have been serving local pets for over 25 years.